Ruby on Rails is an excellent development language for building web sites and applications. In its latest version, it comes with excellent online documentation to help the new developer get up to speed and focus on the things that are important.
Here’s a quick step-by-step guide to get up and running with Ruby on Rails:
- Hop over to http://rubyonrails.org/download/ and follow the instructions to download and install Ruby, Rails and create your first application skeleton.
- Use an editor that you are familiar or comfortable with.
- Check out the excellent documentation on http://rubyonrails.org/documentation/
- The Getting Started guide is also an excellent resource http://guides.rubyonrails.org/getting_started.html
- For more resources, you may head down to http://www.sitepoint.com/learn-ruby-on-rails/ as a starting point.
- There are also thousands of sites, documentation and reading materials on the topic.
That’s it! With a little poking around, you should be fast on your way to create your new application, and becoming a master programmer in Ruby on Rails! Enjoy the journey!